Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, 2011

Good morning, I am re-organizing my files.  I now have 2 double-ring binders. These are not those huge ones that get really heavy and bulky. The ones Im using from  Case It, are made out of material and have a zipper that goes the whole way around, and they come with a carryiing strap. I use one for my mom's side and the other is for my dad's side. This way I can keep more papers in them.  I like having everything together. I also have 2 files boxes, but am finding them a hassel.  I am trying to make sure every surname has a Research Checklist Chart. You can get them from Jelley Jar. An easy way to see what you have already looked in for your ancestor(s).
 I started working on my husband's tree earlier this year. It's fun to start something new, but boy are the Hilty's hard LOL. His mom's side is so much easier, but I'm not ready to give up.

I never wrote overseas for anything before, but I'm looking into where and how I can get some help with writing to Croatia. My great grandparents came over from there. Miko aka: Nicolas came over in 1903. My great grandma Jana aka: Anna, came over 3 years later. Both from the same area but on 2 different ships. I have his original decleration of intention paper! It's in great condition too. It has what he looked like, when he came over, and the ship's name. Unfortunetly, it didn't say who his parents were.  Their youngest daughter is still living and has told me some things about them. But I'm not sure all is correct. If it is, hopefully it will make finding their parents a little easier.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment